P-M-E Equip will help you design a compressed air system that is designed specifically for the size of your facility and a system that will handle the work at hand. Once we design your system we can provide optimal installation services so that your system provides reliable contaminant-free compressed air. A properly sized, designed and installed system also will save you money over time because of its energy efficiency.
A typical compressed air system contains the following equipment:
- Air Compressor—the compressor pulls air at atmospheric pressure into the unit then delivers the air at a higher pressure and volume relative to the power rating. There are various compressor technologies from which to choose including: reciprocating, rotary screw, scroll, rotary vane and centrifugal.
- Dryers, Filters, Drains, Separators, Valves, Piping and More—An efficient air system consists of more than a compressor. Since compressed air contains contaminants (dirt, oil, water vapor, taste or odor), filters are required to remove these contaminants and dryers are required to remove water. Proper piping, drains, hoses, lubricants and other necessities/accessories will help you achieve the most efficient system to meet your needs.
- Water that is drained from air compression systems IS CONSIDERED TO BE HAZARDOUS WASTE because it is contaminated with oil and MUST BE DISPOSED OF PROPERLY. Here is more about Compressor Condensate from the Houston Police Department.
- Why install an oil/water separator?— Local environmental laws and regulations combined with the power of the individual, mean that most of the oil contaminant must be removed from the condensate before discharging into the sewage system.
- Why a PURO separator from P-M-E Equip is ideal—The PURO is designed to separate mineral oil, semi-synthetic and fully synthetic lubricants from condensate. A stable emulsion formed from mineral oil or synthetic lubricants is typically no problem for the PURO. Special elements are available for poly-glycol applications. Consult with P-M-E experts for details.
Contact Larry Luthy 713-691-3081 or 1-800-800-2470
Back to Top